Hours of Service Solution
What is an HOS Solution?
Hours of service (HOS) is a series of FMCSA-issued regulations that administer the driver hours of anyone operating a commercial motor vehicle for interstate commerce. An HOS software solution fulfills this government regulation by fully automating the entry, recording, completion and storage of all required information needed for logbooks—from the driver’s cab.
Teletrac HOS solution aids both fleet managers and their drivers.
Here are a few reasons how:
Fleet Manager Benefits:
Improved Communication. Drivers and dispatch have never been more interconnected. Fleet managers can easily plan jobs and increase fleet efficiency by viewing up-to-date driver statuses.
A Wealth of Data. Trusted by tens of thousands of Teletrac customers, our HOS software provides up to eight days of driving data for our in-cab display.
Customizable. Fleet managers can access a customizable HOS module by logging into our Fleet Directorsoftware that provides real-time data on all of their fleet’s drivers. The module also easily accommodates slipseat operations that involve multiple drivers on a specified route.
- Easily Integrated. The HOS software module is fully integrated with other Fleet Director components for seamless operation. Per FMCSA regulations, any electronic recorder used for HOS compliance must beconnected to the vehicle’s engine electronic control module (ECM). Teletrac meets this requirement via a standard J-bus connection.
- Easy Storage. Drivers can fully automate the entry and storage of all required information needed for driver logbooks.
- Time-Saving. Time-consuming and error-prone manual logbook entries and audits are easily eliminated.
- User-Friendly. Easy-to-use, easy-to-understand screens simplify driver workloads and facilitate rapid data entry. This HOS data is easily recorded, transmitted and displayed on the Fleet Director Tablet.
- Fast Retrieval. All relevant HOS information—such as driver identification and current status—is sent to the user’s computer for storage and retrieval via a wireless network. The stored data may also be transmitted to drivers as needed.
Core Product Features:
- Teletrac’s HOS software meets certified compliance on the following regulations:
- Federal 395-FMCSA rules
- Property/passenger-carrying commercial vehicle rules
- Short haul exception rules (variable radius)
- Specific state-based rules (i.e. Texas, California, Florida)
- Oilfield operation rule (24 hour reset)
- Adverse driving condition rule
- 16 hour on-duty exemption rule 395.1 (o)
- Industrial driver rules (24 hour reset)
- The following reports on each driver’s HOS real-time metrics are also available:
- DOT HOS report
- Driver available hours/next day report
- Driver log summary report
- Driver violations report
- HOS violation exception report
Fleet Director Tablet keeps each driver’s HOS in-cab time for the following areas:
- Beginning date of on-duty/drive time since last qualified rest
- Start time of on-duty/drive time since last qualified rest
- Cumulative drive time/since last qualified rest
- Cumulative on-duty time since last qualified rest
- Cumulative on-duty/drive time against weekly totals
- Current driver status
- Total miles driven for the last 24 hours
- Current on-duty status time
- Current sleeper berth status time
- Current off-duty status times
All status data is submitted to Teletrac’s cloud-based storage system that is fully accessible in real-time.
See Teletrac HOS Solution Live, Get a Free Demo Now!