Electronic Logbooks For Fleets
Inside Electronic Logging Devices And Driver E-Logs
Electronic logging devices allows vehicle operators to electronically store driver logs, or e-Logs, for hours of service (HOS) eliminating the burdensome and messy manual paperwork of traditional fleet management. Electronic logging devices also allow fleets to minimize audit risks and remain compliant with the Department of Transportation (DOT). By automating driver logs with electronic logging devices, fleet managers have the ability to easily track vehicle mileage logs, hours of service, driver-vehicle inspection reports and strengthen their fleet's overall compliance. Teletrac offers fleet vehicle operators a variety of in-cab displays equipped with electronic logging applications that integrate with Teletrac's Fleet Director software platform.
See Teletrac Electronic Driver Logs (e-Logs) Live, Get a Free Demo Now!
What is an HOS Solution?
Hours of service (HOS) is a series of FMCSA-issued regulations that administer the driver hours of anyone operating a commercial motor vehicle for interstate commerce. An HOS software solution fulfills this government regulation by fully automating the entry, recording, completion and storage of all required information needed for electronic driver logs—from the driver’s cab.
"With driver e-logs and an HOS solution fully integrated with GPS helps us ensure FMCSA and DOT compliance. Teletrac is a very important tool in our safety program helping to improve driver behavior as well.” - Alamo Transit/ Alamo Concrete Products
Fleet Manager Benefits
- Improved Communication. Drivers and dispatch have never been more interconnected. Fleet managers can easily plan jobs and increase fleet efficiency by viewing up-to-date driver statuses.
- A Wealth of Data. Trusted by tens of thousands of Teletrac customers, our HOS software provides up to eight days of driving data for our in-cab display.
- Customizable. Fleet managers can access a customizable HOS module by logging into our e-Client system that provides real-time data on all of their fleet’s drivers. The module also easily accommodates slipseat operations that involve multiple drivers on a specified route.
- Easily Integrated. The HOS software module is fully integrated with other Fleet Director components for seamless operation. Per FMCSA regulations, any electronic recorder used for HOS compliance must be connected to the vehicle’s engine electronic control module (ECM). Fleet Director meets this requirement via a standard J-bus connection.
- Easy Storage. Drivers can fully automate the entry and storage of all required information needed for driver logbooks.
- Time-Saving. Time-consuming and error-prone manual logbook entries and audits are easily eliminated.
- User-Friendly. Easy-to-use, easy-to-understand screens simplify driver workloads and facilitate rapid data entry. This HOS data is easily recorded, transmitted and displayed on the Fleet Director Tablet.
- Fast Retrieval. All relevant HOS information—such as driver identification and current status—is sent to the user’s computer for storage and retrieval via a wireless network. The stored data may also be transmitted to drivers as needed.
For more information on Teletrac's HOS Solution and Electronic Driver Logbooks, please call 1-800-TELETRAC or to see Teletrac Electronic Driver Logs (e-Logs) Live, Get a Free Demo Now!