What Are FMCSA-Regulated Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports?
Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports are federally mandated logs detailing vehicle operation and safety issues. Each fleet driver must complete and submit these reports on a daily basis. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the top fleet safety violation is the failure to maintain vehicle inspection reports.
Automate Your Inspection Logs
With Teletrac's Electronic Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports, drivers can now eliminate the tedious task of manually filling out daily inspection logs by simply entering their daily vehicle inspection logs electronically via the Fleet Director® Tablet.
Additional Driver Benefits
Teletrac’s automation technology allows paperless submissions of both pre-trip and post-trip inspection reports.
- Users can complete, save and send their entire vehicle inspection report via the Fleet Director Tablet.
- The portability of both the 5” and 7” Fleet Director Tablet allows drivers to conduct a comprehensive walk-around inspection.
With Electronic Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports, users can easily identify, group and monitor vehicles that require maintenance.
- Management can identify specific compliance regulations and flag vehicles that require maintenance within Fleet Director.
- Constant attention to vehicle upkeep allows fleets to minimize unnecessary repair and service costs.
- Vehicle inspection reports can be easily archived for historical records.
- Teletrac’s automation technology allows paperless submissions of both pre-trip and post-trip inspection reports.
For more information about Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports or Electronic Logbooks please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800- TELETRAC.
Additional Fleet Director Software Features
About Fleet Director Software
Fleet Director’s highly customizable GPS vehicle tracking and fleet monitoring solution maintains continuous location, directional and speed information. The platform allows users to constantly monitor their vehicles in a variety of map views and data segmentations. The software’s real-time fleet management center provides continual monitoring over vehicle locations, traffic conditions, route calculations and route arrival times. Users can set landmarks that allow dispatchers to create personalized points of reference, such as offices, terminals and customer sites. User-generated alerts provide instant notifications for a variety of metrics, including exception and message conditions, which are viewable in real-time and by mobile device.